Saturday, October 10, 2009

Johnny Depp and Kate Moss by Francois-Marie Banier


these are from one of my favorite photography books Past Present by Mr. Banier. Mr. Banier took black and white portraits of everyone from Yves Saint Laurent and Princess Caroline of Monaco to Faye Dunaway and Jack Nicholson.  there was a real sense of intimacy with his photographs - Mr. Banier managed to capture people at their most pared down and perhaps most beautiful.  he had these images of Mr. Depp and Ms. Moss during their super chic grunge-glam romance.  to me, they were not only the coolest couple around but just looked so damn good together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!

Anonymous said...

The artist really captures the emotion in his subjects. The picture of Johnny alone is beautiful and shows the angst in his personality.